Friday 13 July 2012

Double Whopper w/Cheese Sandwich

Double Whopper w/Cheese Sandwich

 As some states have made calorie information on the menu mandatory, many national chains have instituted such policies across the board. Burger King is one of those chains, with each item on the menu board bearing an estimated calorie count. What studies are beginning to show, though, is that no one cares. Instituting mandatory calorie labeling hasn’t lead to people making different choices. To my mind, this makes perfect sense. I walked in to Burger King wanting a double whopper with cheese, and that’s what I was going to leave with. The fact that the menu board informed me I was about to consume about a thousand calories didn’t sway me. The information may not have moved me, but it did stick in my head. As I ate the sandwich I considered the number over and over again, constantly comparing it to what I was eating. I have no problem eating a thousand calorie sandwich. Some back-of-the-envelope math had the kimchi grilled cheese.

Double Whopper w/Cheese Sandwich

Double Whopper w/Cheese Sandwich

Double Whopper w/Cheese Sandwich

Double Whopper w/Cheese Sandwich

Double Whopper w/Cheese Sandwich 

Double Whopper w/Cheese Sandwich

Double Whopper w/Cheese Sandwich

Double Whopper w/Cheese Sandwich

Double Whopper w/Cheese Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment