Sunday 8 July 2012

Large French Fries, no Salt

Large French Fries, no Salt 

 French fries are delicious. French fries dipped in a mixture of ketchup and mayonnaise are divine. Did you know that’s called “Fry Sauce” in Utah? If you peel a bunch of potatoes and cut them into sticks, then immediately plunge them into hot oil and fry them, they will never, ever, ever, be as good as the french fries I’m showing you below. French Fries for President!
I love lists. I never follow them, but I love them.But it’s really true, guys: to get perfectly golden french fries that are soft in the middle and crisp on the surface, plunging potatoes straight into oil just doesn’t work. The starch on the outside of the potatoes interferes with the texture of the fries and never allows them to become nice and crisp, and in order to cook the fries long enough to soften the potato, the outside can often get to brown. Utter chaos, I’m telling you!
Not that I’ve ever walked away from any form of fried potato. Let me just set that record straight.

Large French Fries, no Salt 

Large French Fries, no Salt 

Large French Fries, no Salt 

Large French Fries, no Salt 

Large French Fries, no Salt 

Large French Fries, no Salt 

Large French Fries, no Salt 

Large French Fries, no Salt 

Large French Fries, no Salt 

No comments:

Post a Comment